Exposure to harmful organic vapors and breathing hazardous particles can pose serious health concerns. This kit protects the wearer from inhaling hazardous atmospheres, including harmful airborne particles and certain organic vapors.
The 3M 6200 Half Facepiece Respirator is one of the lightest reusable half facepiece respirators available. Its low-profile design provides exceptional visibility and accommodates safety glasses. The 6200 Respirator is very easy to use and doesn't require extra parts. Not only is the 3M 6200 Respirator cost-effective, but it can be washed and reused many times. Features easy-to-adjust head straps and a swept-back design for the cartridges which improves balance and visibility.
- Swept-back design of the cartridges helps improve balance and visibility
- Remarkably comfortable, soft, lightweight facepiece and easy-to-adjust head straps
- Reusable - just dispose of the cartridges/filters when used to capacity
- Systems can be used in combination with NIOSH approved 3M 6000 Series Cartridges and Particulate Filters
- Can be disassembled, cleaned and reused. Low maintenance and economical.
- Easy to use, hypo-allergenic facepiece material
- Price is for 5 sets. Each set consists of 1 x 3M 6200 Respirator (Medium size), 2 x 3M 6001 Cartridge, 2 x 3M 501 Retainer and 2 x 3M 5N11 Filter N95.
The 3M 6200 Respirators can be used in dual airline mode. NIOSH approved for negative pressure air-purifying and supplied air dual airline applications. Wearer can disconnect the airline at the air regulating valve and the system is changed to a filters/cartridges air purifying mode - then back to supplied air system with a simple re-connection of the airline. Can be used on both high and low pressure supplied air systems. Small diameter breathing tubes are simple to work with and easy to clean and decontaminate
Clean breathable air is important to maintaining one's safety and health when in environments where harmful organic vapors, gases, particles, vapors, and particulates are present. Pair 3M 6200 Respirator with 3M 6001 Cartridge and 3M 5N11 Particulate Filter, N95 to protect and reduce exposure to hazardous organic vapors and airborne particles.
3M 6001 Organic Vapor Cartridge
The 3M Organic Vapor Cartridge 6001 helps provide organic vapor protection in a variety of environments. The cartridge may be used for vapor concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces. Recommended applications for the cartridge include assembly and mechanical, chemical dispensing, clean-up, cleaning, painting, parts cleaning, and seal coating. Industries in which this cartridge is commonly used include chemicals, construction, oil and gas, and transportation. NIOSH has tested and approved the 3M Organic Vapor Cartridge 6001 to help reduce exposure to certain organic vapors.
3M Particulate Filter 5N11, N95
The 3M Particulate Filter 5N11, N95 helps provide respiratory protection in environments containing certain non-oil based particles. Use on top of 3M 501 Retainer to reduce particulate exposure. The filter protects against 1) solids such as those from processing minerals, coal, iron ore, cotton, flour, and certain other substances; 2) liquids or oil-based particles from sprays that do not emit harmful vapors; and 3) metal fumes produced from welding, brazing, cutting, and other operations involving heating of metals. This filter has been rated N95, which means it filters at least 95% of airborne particles but is not resistant to oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When do I replace my 3M Gas & Vapor Cartridges?
The service life (i.e., how long it will last) of any gas and vapor cartridge is affected by many factors such as the: contaminant, contaminant concentration, breathing rate, humidity level, temperature and other use conditions.
Replace 3M Gas & Vapor Cartridges:
- In accordance with your established change schedule or government regulation.
- Or sooner if the contaminant can be detected inside the respirator by smell or taste.
2. When do I replace my 3M Particulate Filters?
Replace both the 3M Particulate Filters when:-
- It becomes difficult to breathe comfortably (this will vary from individual to individual).
- The filter become dirty or physical damage occurs.
3. What is the shelf life of 3M Cartridges?
Provided they are stored unopened in the original packaging and away from direct sunlight, humidity and sources of high temperature, cartridges will last five years from the manufacture date.
4. How should I store my 3M Respirator Cartridges and Filters?
Prior to first use and when not in use, your 3M Respirator, Cartridges and Filters should be kept clean, cool and dry, away from contaminated atmospheres to avoid deterioration. Store cartridge in a sealed container or bag.
5. Why do I need to use a 3M Particulate Filter with 3M Gas & Vapor Cartridges for some applications?
The particulate filter helps remove tiny droplets or particles in the air. The gas and vapor cartridges do not help filter these particles.